What are some things you realized when you got mature?

What are some things you realized when you got mature

Some things that I have realized when I got mature are very much to be realized by anyone. Few things are better to be learnt from some one else rather than experiencing them ourselves. So, Here I am putting it all up at one place for all the readers.

1. Marks are very important in 10th and 12th

I am no way saying to mug up concepts so that you can vomit in exams. But, just learning the concepts is not enough, you should be able to get good grades.

Why you ask?

Well, all the company shortlists will come only after checking candidate’s profile. When I say profile, it is predominantly 10th and 12th scores. If you are post graduate, then grad and post-grad scores too.

Things we realize late in life

Any competitive exam in India, you get an interview call only after looking at scores. I know some of my friends not getting calls from IIM A,B,C,L even after having a score of 99.5% in CAT and good work experience. Reason is his under-grad score.

2. Love is just one part of life

This is not from my experience but from a friend. I have known a couple in my under-grad who were together all the four years. Girl is a first class student and even one of the toppers in Electronics branch in the college. Guy is also from the same branch but exactly opposite in studies when compared to the Girl.

Girl has even said that she can only see manliness in only that Guy and in no one else. After under-grad, Girl went on with her studies to US for her MS and the guy had to stay in college for one more year to clear his subjects that he failed.

Things we realize when we are old in life

With in a month of Girl’s time in US, she has realized her worth among all other brilliant minds in her university. She has simply moved on with her life. I am not blaming the Girl here. She knew what to make of her life but the Guy ruined his life. In this particular story, it is the Girl who is the villain but in another story it could be the Guy.

The focus here is love is not life.

3.College life will never return, make the most of it

Yes, have fun but not at the cost of studies/learning. You pay lakhs of fees not to have fun. Making the most of college means I would like to put it in below break up

Studies – 50%

Fun – 10%

Constructive hobby – 20%

Live projects/Internship – 20%

This is how your regular day time break up should be like. You can tweak it a little according to circumstances but this is how it should be.

Things we understand when we are old in life

I know it looks like I gave little time to Fun in my break up but remember it is a template and it is for every day schedule. So, 10% fun is pretty much like 2–3 hours of time and even it can be more for some days where you are expected to have fun like going on a trip or a college fest etc. Tweaks are most welcome.

4. Upskill everyday

This is the most important lesson in my life. However good your colleagues are or even if you love your manager, it only lasts until you screw up one day. Every one has work and every one has to fulfill their job. No one will look after you except for you. Continuous learning every damn day and keep looking out for better opportunities.

Some things we understand when we are old in life

There is nothing called as saturation point in life. Remember KFC was founded at 60 years age by the founder.

5. Health is the key

Now a days every one knows the importance of health because of Covid. Incorporate an hour of Yoga or Gym or running or exercise in your every day life. Eat and drink healthy foods.

I would like to state a line that I heard recently –

Nuclear power is meaningless in a world where a virus can kill an entire population and leave its wealth intact

Some things we realize when we are old in life

It says it all. You deserve to spend an hour or so on yourself to lead a healthy lifestyle.

6. Always try to be at peace – Do not stress yourself a lot

This is one of the most hardest things to do. But listen, this can be done and achieved.

Let me tell you one more story from my under-grad. In one of my semesters at my college, every one among the students were shocked with a news that one of the students has committed suicide in the hostel. He has clearly written that his parents have forced him to study Engineering and he could not survive it any more.

Some things we realize when we are mature in life

I can’t say I can relate to it but please understand your career cannot be decided because of this. You can do a million things that are different to Engineering even after you are an Engineer. I am not saying you should follow your parents advice all the time even if you don’t like it but all I am saying is whatever it is in life that you do not like today, things will get better tomorrow!

Let me give you a beautiful question that you can ask yourself if you think you do not like your life any more

Do you think this will be of any big deal after 5 or 10 years ?

Answer will be very much NO. I tried this many a times and yes I did achieve peace(At least temporarily). But you don’t have to live your entire life at once, You can live it day by day slowly.

And for all the Harry potter fans out there and the rest, this is what Dumbledore has to say about dark times in life

“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light”

Some best things we realize when we are mature in life

So, please be aware. However gloomy situations are! Things are bound to get better. Please comment if you think any other valuable lessons you have realized through your experiences.

Previous
Next Post »

If you have any doubts or questions, Please let me know. ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon